Director of Growth and Business Development (ShopWithScrip)
As the Director of Growth and Business Development, you will play a critical role within Bold Orange’s social purpose division, ShopWithScrip (SWS). SWS has over 23 years of experience helping organizations succeed with their fundraising needs without the traditional fundraising hassle of selling products and running events. Over 50,000 organizations have been helped with over $800 million raised for initiatives that matter to them.
As the largest gift card fundraising provider in the United States, SWS enables supporters to raise money in the course of their normal shopping routines which enables them to offset expenses such as school tuition, athletic equipment, church operations, and band instruments. By shopping through the ShopWithScrip platform, people don’t have to spend any extra dollars to contribute to the things they love.
This key role will spearhead the acquisition of new organizations (schools, religious organizations, sports teams, bands, scout troops, non-profit organizations) by driving awareness of our offering, capturing leads, and converting them into actively participating organizations. This is a pivotal growth role as we evolve our offering to become the national leader in fundraising products that seamlessly connect brands with local communities. We have a strong vision in place and are seeking driven, passionate growth leaders to help us drive even more impact into local communities and organizations.
As a nimble growth and sales practitioner, you’ll be leading the development of strategies, while also driving the day-to-day tactical execution of established plans. From increasing top-of-funnel awareness to improving conversion rates of newly enrolled organizations, you’ll own the acquisition funnel from top-to-bottom.
We need curious, collaborative, interesting and creative trailblazers. People who believe in our purpose of fostering authentic human connections as the single most important driver of business and societal progress. We promise to inspire you, develop you, and empower you. If you want to make a difference and do good while doing great work, reach out. We’d love to connect.
- Own growth marketing/sales strategy, and lead our customer-facing organization acquisition experience
- Develop an overarching go-to-market plan for ShopWithScrip, including advertising and marketing budgets, forecast, channels, and partners that drives national awareness of our offering
- Define, plan and execute inbound demand generation campaigns across multiple digital channels including earned, owned, and paid media, with a focus on generating qualified leads and building the organization pipeline
- Define, plan and execute targeted outreach campaigns to prospective schools, religious organizations, and other large non-profit organizations leveraging direct outreach, including: phone, email, direct mail, etc.
- Optimize lead nurturing email flows, lead/contact hygiene, lead scoring, and nurture models that align to industry best practices
- Partner with the broader marketing team and external partners to develop landing pages, emails, content, SEO/SEM, social, PR, website, events, and more
- Manage and report on the performance of all acquisition efforts
- 5+ years of experience in demand generation, customer acquisition, and growth marketing for a digital product company
- Ability to thrive as a self-starter in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Experience working across the full conversion funnel (awareness, interest, consideration, evaluation, decision) and across the marketing mix (including online and offline channels)
- Must be able to function as both a leader and “do-er”, providing position leadership and insights, supporting strategic objectives, as well as being a hands-on member of the team driving acquisition
- Experience partnering with external agencies or partners on executional efforts (i.e. PR, paid digital media, SEO, etc.)
- Experience on digital reporting and analytics platforms, such as Google Analytics, HubSpot, Google Ads, Facebook, etc.)
- Experience with inbound marketing solutions such as HubSpot to manage leads, landing pages, emails, automated workflows, and reporting
- Have a point of view on important issues, and the courage to voice it
- Exceptional time management skills, highly organized, motivated and driven to succeed
- Ability to collaborate with cross functional teams, communicating and interacting with product owners, marketing managers and marketing communications team members to understand needs
- Lead a small, nimble team to achieve great results
- Experience in growth-stage, digital product company
- Experience leading paid digital media campaigns across channels that include (but aren’t limited to): Facebook/Instagram, YouTube, Google Ads, Bing, Taboola, etc.
- Past experience marketing and selling to schools, religious organizations, sports teams or large non-profit organizations