Position: Database Developer / Administrator
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Job Type: Full-time
As a Database Developer / Administrator, you will play a critical role within Bold Orange’s social purpose division, ShopWithScrip (SWS). SWS has over 23 years of experience helping organizations succeed with their fundraising needs without the traditional fundraising hassle of selling products and running events. Over 50,000 organizations have been helped with over $800 million raised for initiatives that matter to them.
As the largest gift card fundraising provider in the United States, SWS enables supporters to raise money in the course of their normal shopping routines which enables them to offset expenses such as school tuition, athletic equipment, church operations, and band instruments. By shopping through theshopwithscrip.com platform, people don’t have to spend any extra dollars to contribute to the things they love.
This role will help us evolve our e-commerce, fundraising platform for today’s modern consumer. We need curious, collaborative, interesting and creative technologists. People who believe in our purpose of fostering authentic human connections as the single most important driver of business and societal progress. We promise to inspire you, develop you, and empower you.
If you want to make a difference and do good while doing great work, reach out. We’d love to connect.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in database design, optimization, maintenance and SQL development
- Hands-on experience designing, maintaining and optimizing large, high volume transactional databases
- Hands-on experience with cloud-based databases (Azure SQL Server, AWS RDS etc.)
- Hands-on experience managing and maintaining database migration systems for development, QA and production application environments
- Hands-on experience will widely-used database administration and development tools (Red Gate Suite, Azure Data Studio, SSMS, SQL Server profiler etc.)
- Hands-on experience managing low impact data migrations on mission critical database systems
- Hands-on experience building ETL or other data migration applications
- Hands-on experience optimizing non-relational databases (CouchDB, DynamoDB etc.)
- Hands-on experience optimizing SQL generated by ORMs like Entity Framework, Hibernate etc.)
- Hands-on experience designing and optimizing data warehouses, data lakes or similar large-scale data storage systems
- Hands-on experience architecting redundant database systems (on premise clustering / mirroring and cloud based geographically separated clustered / mirroring)
- Analyze and optimize existing SQL Server data structures used by a set of mission critical applications including batch jobs, e-commerce websites, web-based APIs and thick client applications
- Identify poor performing queries and work with application development team to identify optimizations for application code generating SQL as well as stored procedures
- Work with business stakeholders and application developers to identify requirements for new software development and be able to design highly performant and highly flexible database designs
- Work with application development team to identify optimal migration strategies for new projects
- Continually monitor the health of critical databases and proactively identify recommended areas for change in order to ensure high levels of reliability and performance
- Develop database development standards for existing systems and new systems (naming conventions, data type usage, indexing/ optimization usage, data traceability usage)
- Implement archiving schemes and ETLs for existing and new systems to allow for data audits while keeping database systems performant
- Work with application development team on building one time and continuous migration systems between on premise and cloud-based databases
- Review existing database system security implementation and implement necessary changes to reduce risk
- Work with application development team to implement queries to be used in reporting systems