Position: Full Stack Developer
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Job Type: Full-time
As a Full Stack Developer, you will play a critical role within Bold Orange’s social purpose division, ShopWithScrip (SWS). SWS has over 23 years of experience helping organizations succeed with their fundraising needs without the traditional fundraising hassle of selling products and running events. Over 50,000 organizations have been helped with over $800 million raised for initiatives that matter to them.
As the largest gift card fundraising provider in the United States, SWS enables supporters to raise money in the course of their normal shopping routines which enables them to offset expenses such as school tuition, athletic equipment, church operations, and band instruments. By shopping through theshopwithscrip.com platform, people don’t have to spend any extra dollars to contribute to the things they love.
This role will help us evolve our e-commerce, fundraising platform for today’s modern consumer. We need curious, collaborative, interesting and creative technologists. People who believe in our purpose of fostering authentic human connections as the single most important driver of business and societal progress. We promise to inspire you, develop you, and empower you.
If you want to make a difference and do good while doing great work, reach out. We’d love to connect.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience developing software applications (mix of frontend and backend technologies)
- Hands on experience developing backend application code using a variant of .NET (Framework / Core etc.)
- Hands on experience working with business stakeholders defining requirements, building user stories
- Strong proficiency in CSS and technologies like LESS or SASS
- Strong proficiency with cloud technologies such as Azure Functions, AWS Lambda, PaaS database solutions and cloud-based message queues
- Hands on experience with modern authorization mechanisms such as json web tokens
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with popular client-side state management libraries (such as Flux or Redux)
- Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript
- Experience developing native or hybrid mobile applications
- Design and develop technical solutions impacting user interface, middleware, backend and database with the help of subject matter experts such as DBA, cloud architect etc
- Work with user interface designers to refine user experience of mobile applications using React Native as well as web applications using React or Angular
- Design and develop highly flexible and performant APIs using modern middleware technologies like Web API within Azure
- Work with team members (internal and vendors) on sprint priorities and actively provide feedback regarding sprint tasks, sprint timelines and objectives.
- Work with database developers to design flexible and performant database structures to support application functionality
- Lead and participate in code reviews
- Champion software development patterns, standards and practices across user interface, middleware and backend applications
- Participate in development team’s on call rotation