As a Technical Business Analyst, you will play a critical role within Bold Orange’s social purpose division, ShopWithScrip (SWS). SWS has over 23 years of experience helping organizations succeed with their fundraising needs without the traditional fundraising hassle of selling products and running events. Over 50,000 organizations have been helped with over $800 million raised for initiatives that matter to them.
As the largest gift card fundraising provider in the United States, SWS enables supporters to raise money in the course of their normal shopping routines which enables them to offset expenses such as school tuition, athletic equipment, church operations, and band instruments. By shopping through the shopwithscrip.com platform, people don’t have to spend any extra dollars to contribute to the things they love.
This role will help us evolve our eCommerce, fundraising platform for today’s modern consumer. We need curious, collaborative, interesting and creative technologists. People who believe in our purpose of fostering authentic human connections as the single most important driver of business and societal progress. We promise to inspire you, develop you, and empower you.
If you want to make a difference and do good while doing great work, reach out. We’d love to connect.
- Business Analyst Responsibilities
- Discover, validate and document business and technical requirements, that improve and evolve our digital experiences
- Map existing and new business processes
- Partner with the product owner to manage the product backlog and prioritize tasks
- Convert requirements into clear and compelling product requirements / user stories for new and existing product initiatives leveraging tools such as Jira
- Assist in testing new features before launch
- Monitor the success of changes by providing metrics to inform the overall product strategy
- 5+ years of technical business analysis experience in custom software solutions, eCommerce, B2C/B2B websites and/or mobile applications
- Expertise in business/process analysis, requirements gathering, documentation, and solution design
- Intensely curious, always seeking to understand the “why”
- Ability to think strategically, solve problems, and follow-through to ensure project success
- An independent learner, you enjoy learning new tools, technologies and processes
- Exceptional time management skills, highly organized, motivated and driven to succeed
- Have a point of view on important issues, and the courage to voice it
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, communicating and interacting with business owners, sales, marketing managers and marketing communications team members to understand needs
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and tight timelines
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Hands-on experience with agile tools (e.g. JIRA )
- Understanding of testing and release management techniques and technologies
- Familiarity with UI tools (CSS, HTML)
- Experience with cloud databases (SQL, Azure)
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. Contentful), eCommerce platforms (e.g. Big Commerce) and Marketing Automation Solutions (HubSpot)